2 accentras one is blazing other not so much

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

parttimer428

Dec 8, 2018
ohio
We are running 2 Harmon inserts, one a 52i purchased new is on a thermostat and burns like crazy putting out a ton of heat. The second we just picked up used, an older accentra. It heats, but nothing like the other one. Even on full blast it doesn't get a roaring flame like the other. But are in 4 inch liners eating the same fuel. This week I pulled the old one apart and cleaned the heat exchangers and ran a brush through through both tunnels behind the plate. The left one i bent the brush to get around the bend. And ideas before I call someone? The videos are of the 52i running at 65% feed and the older one wide open.

Attachments

• 20210102_104605.mp4
    14.6 MB
  • 20210102_123153.mp4
    10.3 MB
When you were cleaning it, did you happen to check the holes in the burn pot?

I mean the holes in the burn pot that the combustion air comes through, are you talking about underneath the burn pot where the igniter is? The holes are visible in the 1st photo...the next is an upside down view that shows the 2 wing nuts to undo so you can clean out the ash around the igniter

38743976-1107-412F-9BEB-CB5748A2BDCF.jpeg 8608BF15-5862-4159-A054-BAEB5D72CD5E.png

Well it looks like it’s not getting enough air, does the combustion fan sound like it’s running as fast as your other stoves?

Good to hear and thanks for the update

Reactions: Ssyko
Yes, the holes are clean, I just vacuumed again, emptied the ash area where the wing nuts are and brushed the burn pot again.
Don't forget your esp probe!