2 month old Flame Monaco cracked top baffle......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mjstef

Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2009
Northwoods of Wisconsin
When relighting this morning i happened to look up and saw this. Their is also another one to the left that is not showing in this picture. I heard a pop the day the stove was hitting 650* last week which drew my attention to it running hot in the 1st place. At the time i thought it was the stove itself expanding but now i wonder if it was the baffle board? Other than too hot, what would cause this? Going to order a new one today and do a chimney cleaning on Saturday so i guess i'll see how bad it is.......

Attachments

• baffle.jpg
    baffle.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 203
All those lighter colored spots are where you are hitting it with firewood. They are very fragile. It looks to me like you have hit it one time too hard/often. Be very careful to never touch it with wood when loading it.

Yes, tossing in logs and overloading is hard on baffles and firebrick.