2 thermostats, outdoor boiler question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood_heat

Mar 3, 2015
MI
Trying to wire my thermostat for an outdoor boiler. I have two t-stats, one for propane the other for heat exchanger (outdoor boiler). Currently the second t-stat is wired as follows for heat exchanger; t-stat side W G jumpered together to the Y1 on the furnace, the R to the R. When furnace in running the codes are P1 and 9. I am using the cooling side of furnace for blower. how do I utilize both stages of my two stage goodman furnace? seems like it does not operate in high? I do have a white rodgers UP300 universal programmable t-stat.

Last edited:
Trying to wire my thermostat for an outdoor boiler. I have two t-stats, one for propane the other for heat exchanger (outdoor boiler). Currently the second t-stat is wired as follows for heat exchanger; t-stat side W G jumpered together to the Y1 on the furnace, the R to the R. When furnace in running the codes are P1 and 9. I am using the cooling side of furnace for blower. how do I utilize both stages of my two stage goodman furnace? seems like it does not operate in high? I do have a white rodgers UP300 universal programmable t-stat.
you're most likely backfeeding power on to the G terminal. you should not jump the two instead run G back to green on the blower Green is fan W is heat RH is 24v power for heat RC is 24v power for cooling. Y is air conditioner. w2 is second stage heat orange is heat pump reverse. Take a picture. Good luck casey, master electrician and hearth shop owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.