2004 QuadraFire Castile Pellet Stove with no power.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dave2004Quadrafire

Nov 27, 2021
Cape Cod
Hello from Cape Cod,
We bought a 2004 Quadrafire pellet stove inert and are unable to find a users manual or even a Model number on the unit. Until last night we had power to the unit this morning power was not getting to the unit. I cannot find the 7 amp fuse even though there is what appears to be a rocker type switch (cover) right next to a stamp that says 7 amp fuse. I don't want to break anything but I can not find any drawing or diagrams that have the same type of "7 amp" fuse access cover. The unit is old and has probably been modified... any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Dave

You might check if you can identify the right manual from the pictures in them. My first guess is this one:

From your year, it may not be the "-B" version yet. But the original and the "-B" are pretty much the same. The troubleshooting guide in the back lists a couple of other things to check if no power, as well as the fuse.

Last edited:
Thank you for your quick reply. It is a Castile... I apologize for not copying the Castile headline down into the text of my initial message. We have been searching high and low for the Castile 2004 Model manual. We have been trying to find pictures to match but no joy. The earliest we were able to find online was 2010. The fuse, maybe, looks like a rocker switch located directly in front of the red light on top. On the front face there is a reset button below a 3 position rocker switch to select low, medium or High heat. We have both dug fairly deeply and both of our computers were infected with trojan viruses... ouch. I really appreciate assistance. friendly regards, Dave

There should be a junction box that will have the control box connected there should be a round black cap that holds the fuse. It should be located inside the right side of the stove as you face the front

Thank you for your quick reply. It is a Castile... I apologize for not copying the Castile headline down
Sorry for forgetting the title while reading the text. Across models and years, Quadra-fire manuals say it's going to be either the 7 amp fuse, a particular snap disk, or the control box if there's no power (assuming the circuit it's plugged into is good). The first two can be tested by seeing if jumpering around them works -- although the manuals may not recommend that.

To test my Google Fu, tried to see if I could find an earlier Castilei manual. No luck either. I did see that if you go down the list there are sites with bizarre names offering what are most like virus-laden PDFs of various manuals. The criminal kind lurks in every dusty corner of the Net these days.