2011 Enviro Maxx Auger Motor Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jerzeemaple

Nov 13, 2017
new jersey
I awoke this morning and my stove was out, burn pot empty, just a few ashes after running most of the night, running fine when I went to bed. I unplugged and replugged in the stove, fan kicks on but auger not turning. I tapped on auger motor and it struggled a bit, cycled a few times then stopped. After work I pulled auger motor off, spun the flat edge round shaft by hand and then I plugged in the stove and turned it on while holding the auger motor. the auger sounded as if something was grinding but it and the fan were working. Then, I reinstalled the auger motor and turned the stove on, the auger turned and cycled a few times but made an aweful grinding sound and then stopped. My assumption is that it needs to be replaced. The part number on it is 52-3858 and I cannot find a matching number anywhere online. I have found enviro maxx replacement with the number 50-2851 but not sure if it’s direct replacement. Mine is 3rpm 0.9amp 120v. i assume what i found will work but not sure so i’m seeking Guidance and this. Thanks in advance for any help.

Note: if you find a gear/auger motor with the correct voltages, correct RPM. correct rotational direction it will work on your stove!

I opened up the motor and gearbox and found a chipped gear to be the problem off the auger motor driveshaft, the first gear it touches was chipped, what would cause that? It is 6 years old original and runs 5 ton per season. Thanks for part info.

something got hung up in the auger long hard pellet,screw,bolt, i have found lots of stuff in pellet bags lol. the drive motor shafts are normally metal. the drive gears are plastic or phenolic . they will strip easy if the motor has the torque.