2011 Lopi Yankee Bay snap disc fault??? Help please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nhben

Oct 4, 2011
Southern New Hampshire
I recently replaced the exhaust fan, and system snap disc at the exhaust fan on my Lopi Yankee Bay stove. Since then, the stove starts properly, and comes up to temp but the convection fan wont start. After 20 minutes of running without the convection fan on the stove shuts down and the #4 fault light comes on. The voltage at snap disc is 120v. I have put 120v direct to convection fan and it works fine, I have also jumped across the snap disc with the stove at temp, and it will turn the convection fan on. I tested the snap disc and have continuity across it when hot, no continuity when cold. (I actaully tested this with open flame, and can hear the switch actuate.) All things point to a bad snap disc, including the fault code, but I have replaced the snap disc twice because I couldn't trust my testing, and they seem to be functioning properly.
I have checked continuity at every circuit from the molex plug to the end of each wire.
Could it be a bad control board? I hate to throw $250 at it guessing.

Last edited:
If it worked when you jumped it there is something with the snap disc. What are the numbers that are on it? Area it’s connected to clean?

If it worked when you jumped it there is something with the snap disc. What are the numbers that are on it? Area it’s connected to clean?
Thank you for the reply! That is my thought as well, but two snap discs that both test properly can't be wrong, at least thats my logic.
Which numbers do you mean?

Should be some numbers on the face or back side. IE. 3F01-110 or similar

One side of the switch says 100-0232 then F120F
the other side says 209170 then 49T12 then AO833

49t12 is a 120 on 110 off disc. I was just making sure they sent you the right one. Well i would start checking the connectors and make sure they are snug and make good contact all the way to the board. No I wouldn’t think 2 would be bad either so somewhere there has to be a bad connection.