2020 Jotul F500 Price Check

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jaredyates

Jan 31, 2020
Hickory, North Carolina
If there's one thing I'm noticing about the wood stove business, it's opaque pricing. I have a quote for a new Oslo and while the chimney system and install seem in line with my expectations, the stove itself is $3400, tax included, which is of course more than I was expecting. Does that sound reasonable? I've found lots of pricing in the archives, and while certainly prices would go up with inflation, I haven't seen any quite this high yet.

I just got a quote for a hearthstone Manchester with enamel paint finish at 3900$ and our dealer/installer gets the best pricing out of the distributors we checked out. We are paying a little more for their chimney installation but saving some with their stove prices. I know it is not apples to apples, but sounds like it maybe in the ball park.

Reactions: jaredyates
I was quoted $3500 +6% CT sLes tax for an Oslo V3 last winter from a dealer in central CT. Found it much cheaper at a larger dealer in eastern CT for $3000, and he had the V2 on sale for $2500 at the time. Try to do a little shopping around if you are able.

Reactions: jaredyates
I was quoted $3500 +6% CT sLes tax for an Oslo V3 last winter from a dealer in central CT. Found it much cheaper at a larger dealer in eastern CT for $3000, and he had the V2 on sale for $2500 at the time. Try to do a little shopping around if you are able.
Thank you, this helps put some data points on the map. Their price is 3262 plus our NC sales tax. $1883 for the pipe (has to go through a second story) and 1050 for the install. Plus tax on the latter two also. I feel like this is "sticker" price at best. Trying to find balance between supporting the locally owned small business and not being taken advantage of.

I see you are in Hickory. We are in Nebo. We bought our jotul F500 3 years ago from Espey Hardware in Hildebran. Could give them a try for pricing.

Also be aware this new jotul is a completely new design utilizing a cat with no bypass at all. If it were me I would think hard about buying a completely unproven design like that