2165 VS 362

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feelingasi

May 1, 2008
palermo ny
i already own a 345 husky a 2152 jonsered and an 015 stihl. the 345 is having some oiling difficulties. ive been thru 3 bars in the last three years. its in for service now and hopefully the problem will be resolved once and for all. despite this i am thinking about trading it in on a 2165 jon or a 362 stihl. my buddy has a 362 and loves it. my uncle runs jon and says it will outcut the stihl hands down. they are the same price from my dealer and the jon has more power and comes with a "TOTAL" pro bar. the stihl has an .050 bar and less power. i blew up a jon after 10 years of operation and the stihl i got is 30+ years old and runs like a champ. I'm torn, anybody with info on either saw please chime in. anyone that has run them both and has a preferrence let me know. thanx in advance. !!!GO CUSE!!!

Best advise I can give you is what you already know the pro stihls will last a life time...

smokinjay said:
Best advise I can give you is what you already know the pro stihls will last a life time...
I see in your sig. Jay you got yourself a baby stihl , Thought you were eyeing the 200 ?
Webie

webie said:
smokinjay said:
I see in your sig. Jay you got yourself a baby stihl , Thought you were eyeing the 200 ?
Webie

I was and holding the two at the same time (I am not a climber) I like the 192 better dont sure why may just been the right deal on the 192.

smokinjay said:
webie said:
smokinjay said:
Webie

I was and holding the two at the same time (I am not a climber) I like the 192 better dont sure why may just been the right deal on the 192.

Most of my saws have been the right deal at the right time or in the right place at the right time however you look at it .

Every brand has its good models and its not so good models. How do you like your 2152? I personally love my 353 (orange paint/bent handle version) and expect it to last a long time.

The Husqvarna 372xp (even with an undersized cylinder, red paint, straight handle, and funny name ;-)) is a much loved saw with a long line of professional users as fans. Its a smooth-running gas-thirsty saw with a great reputation.

The Stihl 362 is a new saw and its long term strenghts and weaknesses are unknown. I can tell you that since it meets the new EPA standards, it will certainly use a lot less gas and weigh a bit more. Durability may be better than the 2165 or maybe worse.

I personally don't like buying first model year cars and would probably opt for the 2165. Given the popularity of the 372xp I'm sure parts will be available for a LONG time.

i do not have a favorable outlook on anything with a HUSKY tag. i agree with the model year thing, and the 362 in nothing more than a 361+ emmisions, i'm leaning heavily toward the 2165 as i have a 2152 and it runs like a mother@#$!%@. it offers a little more power and a much better chain and bar setup. $649 (either saw) my pick no trade. they'll prolly give me $100 for my husky, but i have 6 chains and 3 bars for it. and would very much like to keep it as a backup! as i said this is a tough descision and one i will have to live with for a long time. i am really struggling with which way to lean!!!!

feelingasi said:
i do not have a favorable outlook on anything with a HUSKY tag. i agree with the model year thing, and the 362 in nothing more than a 361+ emmisions, i'm leaning heavily toward the 2165 as i have a 2152 and it runs like a mother@#$!%@. it offers a little more power and a much better chain and bar setup. $649 (either saw) my pick no trade. they'll prolly give me $100 for my husky, but i have 6 chains and 3 bars for it. and would very much like to keep it as a backup! as i said this is a tough descision and one i will have to live with for a long time. i am really struggling with which way to lean!!!!

the 362 is not just an emission chance it has more power and uses less fuel weight is a few onces more but if you like to run longer and can hang in the pocket sort of speak this saw will be a great choice. Its a strato saw.

"strato saw" ???

feelingasi said:
"strato saw" ???

its the new design different head deigns and transfers better performance and fuel mileage and meets the epa and the right operator will run circle around other saws in the same class.

would you trade your 361 for a 362 OR a 2165. not an offer, just a " what would you do" question.? i'd love a 361 but can't find one new anywhere local. i only deal local and in cash, this way i can assure proper and cost friendly repairs if needed. besides i have a belief that one should spred wealth upon his family, friends, and nieghbors FIRST. that is, before he looks elsewhere to try to save a couple bucks.

feelingasi said:
would you trade your 361 for a 362 OR a 2165. not an offer, just a " what would you do" question.? i'd love a 361 but can't find one new anywhere local. i only deal local and in cash, this way i can assure proper and cost friendly repairs if needed. besides i have a belief that one should spred wealth upon his family, friends, and nieghbors FIRST. that is, before he looks elsewhere to try to save a couple bucks.

I bought the 361 because its a hot saw and the 362 improves on that! let me say that again 362 improves on that! what more could you want.....In my shoes I have a 361 so to make a move for a 362 just wouldn't be cost affective. Would I trade straight up you bet! more hp better gas milage

Thats what i'm lookin for. somebody with a real opinion!! my dealer sells both saws obviosly, and personally carries a 2165 jon. he is having the "stihl truck" there on friday. maybe i'll tell him to "line em up". I love the additional power and heavier bar/chain on the jonsered. i dont like the additional size of the saw in the throttle area. the stihl seems to pack its power in a little "tighter". i also cant discount the fact that, the only thing i've done to the 015 is a fuel line,. the saw is 30+ years old. UGH. descisions, descisions????

both the same hp both the same weight and same price its a toss up and less your strong enough to keep running the stihl while the jonsered is getting fuel! lol

HMMMM??? sounds like a good time for a smoke break, or time to check and see how many times the wife called!!LMAO,, yet one more thing to consider in making my descision!!! THANKS ALOT!! just kidding. i really like both saws and i'm sure either one will be great. one thing that concerns me about the stihl is the new fuel/oil caps. Had any failures???

feelingasi said:
HMMMM??? sounds like a good time for a smoke break, or time to check and see how many times the wife called!!LMAO,, yet one more thing to consider in making my descision!!! THANKS ALOT!! just kidding. i really like both saws and i'm sure either one will be great. one thing that concerns me about the stihl is the new fuel/oil caps. Had any failures???

is that your best shot! lol never had an issue with them very quick and easy...the 036,360,361 all are legends the 362 is just the next level.

The 71 is a nice compliment to the 52. Red or orange.

"BEST SHOT", not hardly. just don't want to piss anyone off. especially someone offering advice. I was pretty much sold on the 2165, YOU've got me reconsidering. if i were you, i would have started the first post with, what i tell my wife on a daily basis, "DO WHAT YOU WANT, YOUR GONNA ANYWAYS". LOL, thanx for your input and we'll see what happens!?!? I just might buy the stihl, after all, it was my first choice. that is untill the owner of the stihl dealer told me he weilded a jonsered!!!

feelingasi said:
"BEST SHOT", not hardly. just don't want to piss anyone off. especially someone offering advice. I was pretty much sold on the 2165, YOU've got me reconsidering. if i were you, i would have started the first post with, what i tell my wife on a daily basis, "DO WHAT YOU WANT, YOUR GONNA ANYWAYS". LOL, thanx for your input and we'll see what happens!?!? I just might buy the stihl, after all, it was my first choice. that is untill the owner of the stihl dealer told me he weilded a jonsered!!!

need to ask the operator of a saw not the seller! lol and I have heard it all I can take it...

OK so youve already admitted to running saws with inferior horsepower, what next, are you gonna tell me that you drive a ford and go fishing for walleyes that weigh 6lbs or less. then somehow try to tell me that it is better than what i'm doing!?!? i'm really trying to not go too rough on ya. holding it in with all i got. I KNOW FOR A FACT that i pay more taxes than you. hell, i live in northern NY. all kidding aside, i assume your choice would be the stihl. reasons mentioned above are weighing heavily on my mind. i just cant get past the .050 bar and the .325 chain. why doesn't stihl put something on the mkt that is beefy as hell and can take the abuse/neglect i'm about to dish out!?!? are there saws that good whereas they have to build in some soft of crappy part in order to entice you into the saw shop and potentially buy a new saw??

feelingasi said:
OK so youve already admitted to running saws with inferior horsepower, what next, are you gonna tell me that you drive a ford and go fishing for walleyes that weigh 6lbs or less. then somehow try to tell me that it is better than what i'm doing!?!? i'm really trying to not go too rough on ya. holding it in with all i got. I KNOW FOR A FACT that i pay more taxes than you. hell, i live in northern NY. all kidding aside, i assume your choice would be the stihl. reasons mentioned above are weighing heavily on my mind. i just cant get past the .050 bar and the .325 chain. why doesn't stihl put something on the mkt that is beefy as hell and can take the abuse/neglect i'm about to dish out!?!? are there saws that good whereas they have to build in some soft of crappy part in order to entice you into the saw shop and potentially buy a new saw??

aww but your looking at the little one...........460/361/192t is the way I roll. I can take down and rap up a monster 60in. tree in no time. Why didnt you say you where looking for the big boy thats a ported 460 or stock 660.....and the 362 runs with a .050 not a .325 and I am glad you pay more taxes you should! and the finnest saw you can buy are stihl 362/441/460/660 and not to mention 880 love to have that one for milling..........I would think the 2165 would be much cheeper than a strato saw but what the heck I am not bias.....lol

Since the dealer sells both why not have him setup the side by side comparison and see what feels right. FYI the caps work well easy on and off plus no leaks

i am just thinking, if the 362 is everything everyone says it is, then why the cheapass bar/chain combo. does jonsered have "willie envy" and think that bigger is better. more importantly, do i ? what, no response to the -6lb walleye?

feelingasi said:
i am just thinking, if the 362 is everything everyone says it is, then why the cheapass bar/chain combo. does jonsered have "willie envy" and think that bigger is better. more importantly, do i ? what, no response to the -6lb walleye?

The bar is what you want to have on it just a differnt price.....-6 lb walleye pay your taxes!

My dealer sells Husky, J-Red, and Stihl, and he recommended Stihl. Every time I'm in there, I see lots of Husky products on the bench but few Stihl pieces. I think he mentioned something about having to carry J-Red to have Husky or to get a better deal or something.

Buy the 362--it'll be a legend soon.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.