24 Ton Vertical/Horizontal Woodsplitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is a American CLS Vertical/Horizontal 24 Ton Woodsplitter with 2 face cord of Cherry.

Zap

Nice splitter. Looks like maple to me but I'll take your word for it zapny...did you try the splitter in horizontal mode yet? And what do you think?

There is some maple on the front right side, I had 12 cherry trees come down on that hill from a strong wind storm June 2008. Use the splitter vertical and horizontal(vertical most of the time) I like the splitter and it's built to last. Bought it at the Wood Chop Shop along with my Stihl 390 and 310.

Zap

Zap that's the last splitter you'll ever buy. We've had our American splitter since the early 80's and it's still running strong. Change the oil twice a year, once in the spring and sometime when you're half way done splitting for the season. What kind of stove you burning in?

Burning in a Lopi Liberty with a blower we had it installed in April. I liked the way it was built (woodsplitter), had looked at a couple of different models and liked this the best. Heading to the woods for the day.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.