2400i insert. 25 years old. Is this safe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rdecker

Apr 10, 2023
20230408_125757.jpg
Is this safe?

My i2400M manual is only 13 yrs old and doesn't show this, but it resembles the baffle angle bars on the old R6 Regencies. Tell us what and where we're looking at. Is this on the underside of the baffle? Can you post a shot that shows the whole area?

Is the secondary tube that is close to the angle brace failing and leaking so that it acts as a blowtorch in that location? If so, this is a good time to replace the tubes and braces.

It should be repaired, the heat concentrating there will burn out more parts if not addressed.

My i2400M manual is only 13 yrs old and doesn't show this, but it resembles the baffle angle bars on the old R6 Regencies. Tell us what and where we're looking at. Is this on the underside of the baffle? Can you post a shot that shows the whole area?

Is the secondary tube that is close to the angle brace failing and leaking so that it acts as a blowtorch in that location? If so, this is a good time to replace the tubes and braces.

It should be repaired, the heat concentrating there will burn out more parts if not addressed.

20230408_125757.jpg

Can you post a picture of the underside of the whole baffle? Clearly that angle bar needs to be replaced, but it would be good to replace the secondary tubes also given the age of the stove. I suspect one has a crack in it.

That is reasonably safe at the moment but it going to get worse pretty quickly and will eventually spread to the face of the stove. Are you the original owner?