25 ep convection blower problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Knapp

Burning Hunk
Dec 11, 2012
Poughkeepsie, NY
Hey everyone, I was hoping that someone may have had an issue similar to mine with a convection blower on a 25 ep. I bought mine new as part of a pre season tune up kit in august.
Starting last night, it was making a bad whistling/howling noise.
The blower motor is also hot to the touch!
I removed it and spun it by hand, the inboard bearing sounds roasted.
Hopefully there is a warranty on this.
Anyone else run into this?

Now that's 'service' for you.

Hope you get it soon, and good luck.

yes, its under warranty , i just keyed a replacement to be shipped to you should come fed ex and be there in a few days.

cheers
Mike!!! Thank you so much. Year after year you and your team go above and beyond. You have a life long customer here!

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
heck, you did all the work for me, i got enough information from your location and name plus the approximate time of the order, was easy to look up. best part is this saves me tech time on the phone. was able to key it up while working with another customer over the phone.

Mike, I can't thank you enough. You saved me from being on hold during your busiest time of year. Not many people would do what you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.