25-PDVC wear plate mod?

MountainDweller Posted By MountainDweller, Sep 8, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Dismiss Notice
System Upgrade. Monday 9/16 7am central time.Thanks for your patience.
  1. MountainDweller

MountainDweller
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 21, 2018
    Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Hi again,

I just gave my burn pot and wear plate a good pre-season cleaning, and noticed that the bend angle of the wear plate does not remotely match the ledge that the plate rests on in the burn pot. The way I see it this is just bleeding air resulting in lost velocity going through the pellets. Is this correct? I was thinking about increasing the angle of the wear plate so that it seats all the way around its perimeter.

Best,

Nathan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Yes the wear plate should be sitting flush with the burn plate ledge. Also pluging the hole in the burn pot under the wear plate help greatly with more air up through the plate. Some of us have drilled out the holes in the area in front of the auger that has made a big difference in the burn. I will get some pics tonight and the drill size used

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Pellet rick likes this.
  3. Pellet rick

Pellet rick
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 25, 2015
    Loc:
    Pottstown PA.
    Second to Ssyko remarks.