26RMC chain

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blel

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Southeast CT
Anybody have a source for Sthil 26RMC 67 chain ( semi chisel, not anti kickback)? Does not have to be Stihl as long as it is semi, yellow. Oregon does not seem to make it

are you talking about an online source? Have you tried the Stihl dealership? Are you dead-set on the RMC? There are other similar options depending on what it is you like about the RMC chain.

Looks like Carlton and Windsor make similar chains.

Reactions: TreePointer
Anybody have a source for Sthil 26RMC 67 chain ( semi chisel, not anti kickback)? Does not have to be Stihl as long as it is semi, yellow. Oregon does not seem to make it

26RMC is Stihl chain, and only Stihl branded chain will carry that name. They got rid of the "C" a couple of years ago, I think. Now the same stuff is just called "26RM."

Reactions: TreePointer
What I am looking for is
semi chisel
NOT low kickback

Baileys lists one (Woodland Pro) but is out of stock. Oregon seems to sell only low kick. Stihl (26RM or RMC) doesn't seem to sell them anymore, only low kick

Last edited:
There's a pretty good dealer near me but they don't have it.

Are you planning on a lot of bore-cutting? From what I've read, that's the only situation for which the reduced-kickback type chains (RM3) make a significant difference. Stihl also offers RM2, which has big honking safety bumpers that probably do inhibit cutting a lot more. That stuff, I'd steer away from.

What I am looking for is
semi chisel
NOT low kickback

Baileys lists one (Woodland Pro) but is out of stock. Oregon seems to sell only low kick. Stihl (26RM or RMC) doesn't seem to sell them anymore, only low kick
I haven't looked, but sometimes Baileys has a chain out of stock, but you can have them make you a loop of the exact same chain by ordering per drive link. Usually the premade loop is going to be only a buck or two cheaper. So, if you want the WoodlandPRO one, see if they have it in the non pre-made version.

Just went to look. Out of the per DL, too. Says won't be in until 10/10...

BTW, I have been running WoodlandPRO full chisel (in skip form) on my primary saw and I love it! You might try that if you are interested.

Looks like this is what you're looking for.

Looks like this is what you're looking for.
That is the low kickback version. Baileys has what I want, they are just out of stock right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.