2nd time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fbelec

Minister of Fire
Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
the people of woburn ma. were lucky. the same thing that happened in lawrence and andover with there gas main happened again. they over pressured the low pressure gas lines with abnormal pressure but luckily they caught it before it could get to high and fire up the houses they feed over 300 houses. it's going to get to a point were we shut off the gas unless we need it for hot water because we can't trust it. sounds stupid but when you leave your house for work you would expect to see it whole when you return.

the people of woburn ma. were lucky. the same thing that happened in lawrence and andover with there gas main happened again. they over pressured the low pressure gas lines with abnormal pressure but luckily they caught it before it could get to high and fire up the houses they feed over 300 houses. it's going to get to a point were we shut off the gas unless we need it for hot water because we can't trust it. sounds stupid but when you leave your house for work you would expect to see it whole when you return.
one of those things that should not have to burden ones mind? luck never should be in the mix with this! frankly, how does this happen so soon after the last failure?

i kind of sounds familiar the last time something like this happened and it's not even close to being how bad lawrence and andover is (now I'll date myself) the telephone company was on strike people and business lost their phones for days in different towns around mass. and when all the investigations were over it would up being the striking telephone workers that did it. i'm not saying anything about the striking gas guy's but i will say something about national grid. they have guys striking but still put people on the job that don't do the work in the trenches and expect quality out of guys that don't know. they are fooling around with peoples lives and don't care.