2yr old EKO 60 on ebay (Michigan)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atlarge54

Dec 3, 2007
Hoosier
Don't know what the reserve is. Located between Detroit and Toledo. Doesn't look too bad. Story line is he needs bigger to heat home AND Hangar.

Nice. That's the 60 Standard, not the Super, which has the hx cleaning assembly and curved refractory in the firebox to minimize bridging. I wonder what his reserve is. Looks to be in good shape--I'd guess it's worth between $3,000 and $5,000. Bet it sells for around $4,000.

Hey guys it's funny to buy a boiler from E-bay and then discover this site and see some entrys about the boiler that I just bought FYI Eric knows what he is talking about because I spent $4000 that includes shipping to NY. The catch is he wants to finish the season up with it so I will not get the unit till the end of April.
Dave

Welcome to the Boiler Room, Dave.

We have quite a few EKO 60 owners on this site, so you can get all the help you need getting it hooked up and running.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a good buy - keep in touch with this forum and the good folks here will help you get the most out of your boiler.

Thanks for the warm welcome,this is my one stop shop to a warmer tomorrow I've accually started a paper of nothing but formulas for various things I will be encountering and I have a lot of homework to do..BTW my owb was a 200,000 BTU Mohonning with 75' of uninsulated 4' deep lines and if I discovered this site a lot sooner this HUGE mistake could have been avoided THANKS again for the priceless resource of people that've been there,and are willing to share their experiences to better one like me learning as I go...My neighbors and I look forward to the EKO 60 and it's proper operation...

We've only been doing the Boiler Room on this website since last November. So this is a pretty recent development. Before that, about all most of us had for information was the mfg./dealer websites.

BTW my Mohonning went down due to a rotting issue in the fire box it put the fire right out and nobody I found would lay a finger on it to try to weld or braze it without me getting it to their shop obviously not going to happen so I put the 1978 multi fuel HS Tarm in the basement back into service but to burn oil only due to the chimney problem that took it out of service in the first place.DAM thing heats awsome even at that age so I know the Tarm users out there have very nice units but EKO was at the right price and time for me and I am redoing the underground lines with 1 1/4"aluma pex insulated in a tile and plan to use Dow board to further insulate them $649 for the line and shipping 100'.

Status
Not open for further replies.