3 buttons bottom pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jmchase

Jan 20, 2021
Pa
My buttons on bottom. Will not let me change them is there a way to unlock them they r set at 5 -2-1 and its hot in house i have temp set at 1 and blower at 1 its 87 in house and burning bag and half pellets a day .I would like to turn down the low burn to 1 or 2 so I don't have to keep turning stove off and on would appreciate some feed back

Assume it's an Englander. Post model and someone should be able to help..

Reactions: Washed-Up
Factory reset a control board

Do this when the stove is cold.

Unplug the stove from the power outlet.

Plug the power lead back in.

Press and hold the bottom 3 buttons all at the same time within 4 seconds and wait 2 seconds and then release the buttons, after a few seconds you should see F5 in the two digital readouts.

Wait 5 - 10 seconds for the F5 in the digital readouts to go blank, unplug the power as soon as the display goes blank and wait 5 - 10 seconds.

RESET MODE
Plug power lead back in and press both the up and down blower speed buttons at the same time within 4 - 5 seconds and release, you should now see a letter (A, b, c or d) in the left digital display under heat range, you need to change this to 'd' using the up / down buttons below that readout, once set to 'd' wait 10 - 15 seconds then unplug the power again and wait 5 seconds.

Plug power back in, then set the lower three (3) buttons to read 6-4-1 from left to right.
(Note: Some 25 PDV stoves settings for the lower 3 buttons are 4-6-1, 5-4-1.)
25PDVC= D mode
25PDV = C mode

if you still can’t change them you probably have to replace the board

Last edited:
Reactions: gfreek
To change the settings on the "bottom 3" (assuming its an Englander), you need to push both arrows in the direction you want to go. In other words, both up arrows to go up or both down arrows to go down.

Eric

My buttons on bottom. Will not let me change them is there a way to unlock them they r set at 5 -2-1 and its hot in house i have temp set at 1 and blower at 1 its 87 in house and burning bag and half pellets a day .I would like to turn down the low burn to 1 or 2 so I don't have to keep turning stove off and on would appreciate some feed back
My stove model 25-cbpah its a england stove mfg 07 - 20 want to make sure before I reset stove right now reset its still at 5 2 1 not getting the heat out of it on 5 or 6 temp settings .thanks

default on your stove is 1-4-1, changing the bottom 3 on your stove is not like the 25PDV and 25PDVC. more than likely you stove needs a good cleaning. The stove has a maze of exhaust channels behind it. You have to bang on the back of the stove pretty good with a mallet or something to get the crud to fall down to the bottom where you can get at it with a vacuum . or do the leaf blower trick (search you tube)

The factory settings for the PAH is Low Fuel Feed at 1, Low Base Air at 4, and Air on Temp at 1. To adjust these, with the stove on, press the button you want to adjust. Then press both the blower and heat level up or down bottoms at the same time in order to raise or lower these settings.

The factory settings for the PAH is Low Fuel Feed at 1, Low Base Air at 4, and Air on Temp at 1. To adjust these, with the stove on, press the button you want to adjust. Then press both the blower and heat level up or down bottoms at the same time in order to raise or lower these settings.
Ok I have done that and set mod to 3 now I recleaned stove because had it running and I set temp at 5 and pot over filled alot and didn't lite so I opened door to Clean the pellets up because of can't waste them but before I did this had code E O I then turned down to to 1 and put some pellet lighter in to get sto e to start .I ha e right now turned to 4 and have low fire in stove is there anything else I can do to this stove get to work write lol getting tired of playing with it never had this much with old pellet stove it was england to but no automatic lite that's why.i bought new stove

Ok when you make heat range changes you want to go a couple at a time and give the stove time to stabilize. Start the stove and let it run on 1 for 15 min and see what the flame does.