3" to 4" right off the exhaust?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireitup

Oct 11, 2014
Waterbury, CT
Just emailed Breckwell (P23 insert) directly for their take, but figured I'd ask the experts here and probably get a better answer, faster!:) See photo and tell me if this should be fine, or no way Jose. 3" elbow with 3" to 4" increaser. Steel, but not stainless. I'll be venting 4" diameter straight up a masonry chimney with approximately 25ft of 316 flex. Yes, new clamps will be used at all connections.

3 to 4.jpg

Can you fit a clean out T instead of the 90* elbow?

I just liked having the clean out T for running a brush up the pipe and was very handy to clean out.

Reactions: mralias
Just emailed Breckwell (P23 insert) directly for their take, but figured I'd ask the experts here and probably get a better answer, faster!:) See photo and tell me if this should be fine, or no way Jose. 3" elbow with 3" to 4" increaser. Steel, but not stainless. I'll be venting 4" diameter straight up a masonry chimney with approximately 25ft of 316 flex. Yes, new clamps will be used at all connections.

View attachment 141101
That wont work! That looks like dryer vent pipe.

Yeah you will want a clean out on that puppy. Inserts can be a b&%ch to clean without one. You will get ash in the elbow which can and will restrict airflow. IMO

Didn't thnk of that, but probably have the room, so I'll investigate. Have a few days until the liner's delivered anyway. Thanks for the suggestion.

If I go with a T, should be SS, no? Can I get one that's 3" to 4"? I would think there's a huge demand for that setup.

Get all 4 inch pipe including clean out t...then buy a 3-4 stove addapter to hook into the exhaust pipe.

Reactions: Owen1508
Gotcha...thanks. Can't wait to take the pellet plunge! Mid-70's this week in CT!!! Good weather for stuffing a liner down a chimney, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.