300k BTU boiler temp &pressure relief valve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mark cline

Minister of Fire
Dec 20, 2012
Cattaraugus, NY
I had misplaced the t&p valve for my Econoburn 300 k boiler , I was going to get a new one before startup but don’t recall the specs. on the valve tags . Anybody with a 300 k boiler care to help me out? Thanks Mark

Excuse my ignorance...
what is a t&p valve
Thanks

Excuse my ignorance...
what is a t&p valve
Thanks

Typically a temperature and pressure relief valve as found on most water heaters for domestic water use. For boiler use I believe you only need the pressure relief type set to release pressure at 30psi - At least that's what I used on my systems.

I did see that on different sites , but I’m sure mine was temperature and pressure . Could be wrong though. I did find one online set at 30 psi but only rated for 105 k btu/ hr and my boiler is 300k.