3rd Harman Advance UPdate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toastyinri

Jan 5, 2006
Rhode Island
For those who followed my Harman Advance problems since 2005.

My 3rd new replacement stove, replaced by Harman under warranty , is running beautifully with the modifications made at the factory. After 3 full months of running it (2 months run 24/7), I have no build up of charred material in the burn pot at all (same pellets always used Fireside Ultra). I haven't had to take a hammer and screwdriver to the burn pot at all to chip away any build up. Heat output is fantastic. Cleaning is now a breeze. Workman ship is excellent ( my 2nd replacement stove had workmanship flaws). Knock on wood...or should I say knock on pellets...I hope I didn't just jinx myself with the update :)

First stove had "smoke in hopper" problem. Second stove had the same with other issues with workmanship.

I also have a new dealer who is responsive...haven't had to call him yet...but he handled the delivery and installation of the 3rd stove very professionally and on the day and TIME that he said he would be here.

Haven't followed along on your troubles being that I am fairly new here, but always enjoy reading good news. And even happier to see that Harman does indeed stand by their warranty, being that I have one also. 3rd Stove? Holy cow! Hope they got it right this time. Happy burning.

Glad to hear this one is still running the way it should have all along.
Major PIA to go through what you did but atleast Harman and the dealer
attempted to make it right for ya.

Toasty, Glad to hear the problem is solved. So far, after my rebuilt I have not noticed or smelled any smoke, but continuing to moniter it. Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.