40° difference from early this morning till noon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceguy4

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
-12°to 32°...the sun is starting to rise in the sky and warm things up.. This area in out of pellets for now. HD says a truck load will be in latham this Friday "weather permitting" I picked up the last ton Walmart had. Penningtons..$180...puts me at 11 tons...8+ burned 3- in my stash. I have been able to keep it under $200/ton this season...good numbers...Next year, I , I will buy a truck load..(Sooo... I expect it to be the warmest winter ever...LOL)
we got a big storm coming. so I wanted to stock up.. Will I make it? jury is still out...but at this temp, I'm between 5 and 6 bags a day...lets hope it warms up soon...

So I'm curious about something because I thought there was a break point with pellet use. Let's assume you finish the year at 10 tons, do you still see a reasonable savings?

Its a balmy 28 right now a 45 degree temp swing from 7 hours ago.

So I'm curious about something because I thought there was a break point with pellet use. Let's assume you finish the year at 10 tons, do you still see a reasonable savings?
over $2934.80...this year!!

Last edited:
-1 to 28 here in N. Mass today. Called every HD and Lowes in N. Mass and S. NH all were out of pellets. Picked up a ton in at a stove shop in Merrimack, NH this AM. Payed a little more but got'em. A trailer had just pulled in from Quebec when I got there and the owner of the store was just starting to unload. Put the first ton off in my truck. :cool:

Easier to feel a little pain for some pellets than the pain of propain or fuel at triple the cost or more.

Reactions: Hdhogger
Status
Not open for further replies.