$40 a week to heat house , water and shop with biomass 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
due to reasons I dont want to go into now, I run out of wood a couple moths ago. I found a guy selling cords of white ash delivered for $120.00 , A cord last me 3 weeks in the artic weather we had. I keep the house 72 ( old farm house),and the shop tall (34 x 40) was at 45 for most of that time. Still way further ahead using propane or elec.

Good price on the wood though. I read on Drudgereport.com today that in 2005 there were 1.9 million homes that heat exclusively with wood, this year it is 2.5 million and another 9 miilion use wood to subsidize their heat bill. Good price on the wood for that time of year..

so $2080 if you burned all year. that's sweet!

Buy a bunch and get ahead of next year.

so $2080 if you burned all year. that's sweet!

Buy a bunch and get ahead of next year.

I usually dont burn that much. That was the coldest part of a very cold winter. In the summer I burn One or two loads a week. Probably 8 to 9 cord a year total or around $1,020 at 120 cord

I was going worst case. still almost have of oil for this year! so your actual is like a third. just for heat.

Here in western p.a. its crazy I 've seen it as high as 220.00 cord

Good price on the wood though. I read on Drudgereport.com today that in 2005 there were 1.9 million homes that heat exclusively with wood, this year it is 2.5 million and another 9 miilion use wood to subsidize their heat bill. Good price on the wood for that time of year..

I saw that article too. It kind of bugged me with the "moving backwards" comment in the title though. I'd like to get the author out to my place and show her/him my system that provides year round heat & hot water for $720/year. Moving backwards...

Status
Not open for further replies.