400 sq ft studio

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

docsurf

Nov 27, 2020
Grand Coulee, WA
I'm hoping someone can share their thoughts on heating a smaller footprint. We just finished a remodel of an old shed and are turning it into her art studio. It's just under 400 sf. I've got a Dickenson Marine Newport, but don't believe it will be big enough to do the job.

Anyone share their thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Doc

A Jotul F602 or a Morso 2B is a common small stove for a spot like this.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm hoping to find one on the secondary market (and since both of these have been around that shouldn't be impossible). Thankfully both covered the part I left out...she wants to be able to see the fire.

Thanks in advance,
Doc

That is going to require a different stove then. The newer F602CB has a small window. Also be on the lookout for a Jotul F3 of F3CB, or F100. There are also small Morsos with windows.