4300 running temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4 cords

Aug 31, 2008
central ct
just wondering what temp other quadra fire 4300 step tops run at,my tep gauge is on the step area between top and bottom flats-on the angled area.Another on the pipe 18 " up from stove ,try to keep pipe temp in clean burn range and stove is 175-200 more.Thanks

I'd place the thermometer on the top step about 6" from the flue for the hottest readings. What temperatures are you seeing there and at what stage is the fire?

I'm no expert (1st year burner) so this may not mean much. I got into my first multi-day burning this weekend and found the hottest spot for my thermometer (QF 4300 w/fan, ash pan & legs) to be just above the door on the left side front of the stove. I also have one on the stack about 24" above the unit.

I 'thought' putting the thermometer on the top step would not truly reflect the heat of the firebox, due to the fact that the fan blows on the bottom of that plate to eject the heat into the room. I pretty much assumed the same about the lower plate as the air coming off the bottom of the upper step crosses the top of the lower step.

I look forward to hearing more about others thoughts on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.