45 degree out of a wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertVL

Sep 3, 2008
How do you get 45 degree pipe out of a wall?

I want to cut down on the angles and run a 45 degree pipe out of a out side wall and into another 45 degree up to the roof
Instead of doing 2 90 degrees

The problem is how to get the thimble to line up , any ideas?

Thanks

Robert VanLane

wall_top.jpg

You exit straight only through the thimble, no angles. The first interior connector piece that attaches to the class A exterior pipe that penetrates the thimble can be an interior, 45 elbow, then a diagonal piece that heads down to the stove, then meeting a 45 attached to the stove collar or stove collar adapter.

I want to get it the pipe to stick out a little more
I was hoping to avoid 90+90+45+45

Thanks

Robert VanLane

stove_set_image_1.jpg

you cant pass through a wall or ceiling with anything besides CHIMNEY pipe, and the maximum offset for chimney pipe in the US is 30 degrees. Some manufacturers actually allow to pass thru a wall at a 30 degree angle. I believe Selkirk does, but you must have the right parts. Please don't try to run that black pipe thru your wall.

Might even be able to simply relieve the eave to allow straight up passage of the chimney, even if it doesn't wrap completely around the pipe. Straighter is better. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.