460 Rancher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dill

Feeling the Heat
Oct 14, 2008
Northwood NH
I stopped by the local tractor store last night for the first time in probably a year. And noticed they are now selling a 460. The sales guy said that the 455 is the "junk the box stores sell". Not that I'm looking for a saw but I like to keep up. Whats the deal with the 460? To me it seems heavy far heavier than my 55 Rancher. I guess I'm glad I got one of the last new 55s.

455 rancher is a 55 cc saw, the 460 is a 60 cc saw. Both saws are not the professional series, they are classified as "landowner" saws. These 2 saws are the best that the box stores and TSC can sell. To get the better saws, you must go to a saw dealer. As to the 455 being junk, it is a good saw for the money, a bit heavy. Some people like it, others don't.

I picked up a 455 Rancher a little over a month ago and I like it.
It is heavy though....my arms tire out after a dozen or so cuts lol.
I found mine on CL for only $125...its in really good shape too.

BucksCoBernie said:
I picked up a 455 Rancher a little over a month ago and I like it.
It is heavy though....my arms tire out after a dozen or so cuts lol.
I found mine on CL for only $125...its in really good shape too.

For that price, how could you go wrong?!? That is a $400 saw new!

Thats the big advantage to the Ranchers and the farm boss.
For 125 bucks why not? I got my little brother a 55 rancher for christmas at a pawn shop for 135.
To hijack my own thread has anyone here used the bailey's big bore kit for the 372?

Status
Not open for further replies.