49 trcmp air intake

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mamabear440

Dec 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Can someone tell me what the mechanical part is the pulls the air in through the air intake from outside.? And if it wasn't working correctly try what kind of issues would it cause ?

There are two air pumping systems in a stove, the combustion air system and the convection air system. Where one passes the other you have the heat exchanger. Easy peasy nothing complex about it.

Are you talking about the pressure ignition system in that pellet device, it too is an air pump. If it goes bad your stove won't light to well as it provides your igniter with its air supply so the igniter can run hotter and start raw corn and other less easily ignited fuels.

Does the pump start up when you start the stove and is the area around the igniter clean. If the pump doesn’t start then the igniter will not get enough air and could burn out the igniter in short order.

And I bought a new convection blower last month at first it worked good but then not so much, It's not putting out the amount or force of air it should and when I talked to techs at Englander when I bought new blower he said if one thing isn't working right then the stove corrects itself like if it isn't putting out air because blower off then it won't let the stove run hot enough to make the amount of heat needed for the higher heat ranges. I'm like could it not be exhausting enough heat because the exhaust blower isnt running full capacity so therefore is wont get hot enough to let the air blower push out good force...

I'm driving my bf nuts he doesn't live here and every time he turns around I'm tearing something apart lol . I told him I'm determined to replace everything on here piece by piece till its right. He thinks I'm nuts but I know this stove has run better and I'm going to make it if it kills me lol

I said I'm replacing gaskets to and I've done the dollar test he thinks it's fine but I think it's loose. He said if it needed a new gasket we'd be smelling fumes etc.

I said I'm replacing gaskets to and I've done the dollar test he thinks it's fine but I think it's loose. He said if it needed a new gasket we'd be smelling fumes etc.

No fumes due to bad gaskets as the combustion blower will prevent that if it is running unless you have a stronger air mover running in the house like a stove vent fan, etc...

Unfortunately, the person to talk to about your stove is not a member here and Mike Holton (stoveguy2esw isn't on here everyday).

Is the pump the thing above the cold air intake or whatever

I don't know and the manual doesn't show it in the exploded part diagram.

And not to mention anyone else have their intake hose get frosted over ?

Yes everyone that lives where the temps get down into the single digits or lower that doesn't insulate the OAK or run their air intake through something like a Selkirk vent system part that takes the air intake and warms it with the outgoing vent waste heat.

Is the pump the thing above the cold air intake or whatever

The thing above the cold air intake (CAI) is the auger motor. The pump is below the CAI in it's own little box underneath the stove. That's how things are arranged on my CPM anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.