5 Blinks on Harman xxv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODNUT358

Aug 1, 2008
RI
Every once in a while,my stove goes trough the paces when lighting,but does not light.I noticed 5 blinks from the status.Iight, then turn the dial to off,then back to room temp mode(in auto) It will recycle and light with an over abundance of pellets.Has anyone had this issue?

5 blinks means it tried to light but didn't. Search this forum...Harman xxv blinking status light 5 times.

Trimom has an Accentra insert with same issue. Was suggested to clean the burn pot better as carbon could be interfering with ignition cycle. Sounds logical. Get a pair of gloves, screwdriver or scraper and get down and dirty.:)

Scrape the burn pot.
Trimom has an Accentra insert with same issue. Was suggested to clean the burn pot better as carbon could be interfering with ignition cycle. Sounds logical. Get a pair of gloves, screwdriver or scraper and get down and dirty.:)

Ditto

It was cleaned less than a week ago.I've been running the stove for 5yrs.This is the first time it's happened.
Do a full cleaning. I know I do "quickies" on a high % of my cleanings. Leave no "stone unturned"

In the lower access panel in the burn pot I use a vacuum and a tooth brush and on the top a small nail to clean the holes. Ak

Status
Not open for further replies.