$519 for a blower!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

farmwithjunk

Sep 19, 2022
PA
Dealer wanted $519 for the blower setup (sheetmetal box, blower, switch/sensor), which I refused to pay. I purchased an aftermarket fan and wiring for $99 and thought that it would bolt right up based on measurements. Well that ended up being off about an inch unfortunately. Slight change to Regency's back shield could have a fan bolt up directly. Regency also does not list the blower housing separately. You either buy the whole unit or fan. I ended up welding angle to the blower housing and bolting it right up. Wow, what a difference the dual squirrel cage fan makes vs the little floor mounted fan I had pushing air upwards.

I did add an airmate at the same time, which arrived broken because the cold welds and 0 base material penetration.

The stove feels like it puts out double the heat now. Enough that the basement install works upstairs in mild ~45F temps.