52i not burning like it did when it was new

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chetscapes

Mar 4, 2019
Fredrick
My pellet stove doesn’t seem to be able to blow the ash off the burn pot like it did when it was new. I am not sure how often you need to replace the seals around the door and around the docking pipe I have owned it for over four years now and burn 3 tons of pellets per year. Does the combustion blower need adjustments with age?

I watched the video on scraping the burn pot what a pain in the rear end. My RV 100 C I clean it every 4 or 5 days and never have to scrape the burn pot in between cleanings and there's usually no clinkers in the pot.

52i's do not "blow the ash off",it is pushed into the collection pan/pot.Perhaps a better description?

I watched the video on scraping the burn pot what a pain in the rear end. My RV 100 C I clean it every 4 or 5 days and never have to scrape the burn pot in between cleanings and there's usually no clinkers in the pot.
Yes,you have a great stove.As far as scraping the pot on a Harman,"in between cleanings",you open the door,while the fire is on low burn,scrape for 15-25 seconds,then shut door.I actually do the same thing on my Integra.

You may still have some restriction,in the flue,or combustion air intake.You also may have a weak exhaust probe.You may also have a weak combustion blower motor.A Harman technician,with the Harman diagnostic tool,could check these things.