562xp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
Got to use my new 562 xp yesterday. Cut up some 24in stuff. the saw has a 20in bar on it and it cut through extremely well. I will cut better as I run some tanks of mix through it.
20200411_141045.jpg
20200411_141422.jpg

It came with a 20in bar on it.. it will definitely pull a 24 with no problem. I'll be breaking it in and getting a 24in bar for bigger stuff.. it's a really nice saw.. got it on sale a few weeks back.. 20%off..

You'll be surprised how much a 24 inch will slow that saw down in hardwoods. You wouldn't think it, but it will struggle. If I was to buy a 2nd bar, I'd go 26 or 28 with a skip tooth. Would cover a lot more wood options for you, alongside the 20".

Reactions: JimBear
The 362xp have the autotune carbs
I bought a new 465 last year with the autotuned carb feature, I haven't noticed a difference in performance of the saw (I guess it works) the one thing I did notice, and Im not sure if it will also happen with "pro saws" is that if I run the fuel tank bone dry, the saw is a groan to reprime and get going again. For few times it took me 10min from refueling to get back to work, not impressed with that, but when the saw is primed or doesn't run out of fuel, cold start up is very easy, the thing runs excellent and does everything I want it to do (homeowner, I just process about 10 cords a year between myself and helping other friends.)

I was just curious, I was at the dealer last summer and he was telling me that you couldn't let the saws with the autotune idle for very long. He said that you had to turn the saw off every time you set it down

I've had mine for 5 years now ( roughly) and I love it. 20 " bar and almost entirely cut hardwoods. Several people have commented on the power it has for its size.

I was just curious, I was at the dealer last summer and he was telling me that you couldn't let the saws with the autotune idle for very long. He said that you had to turn the saw off every time you set it down
First time I heard that. I have autotune and m-tronic saw and I sometimes shut them off or they stay on idle on top of the pile and I don't see any differences or damage at all but never know. About running out of fuel, they don't like that due to the computer was adjusting the A/F ratio during the running out. Understandable.

First time I heard that. I have autotune and m-tronic saw and I sometimes shut them off or they stay on idle on top of the pile and I don't see any differences or damage at all but never know. About running out of fuel, they don't like that due to the computer was adjusting the A/F ratio during the running out. Understandable.

I have never heard of this before either.. I let my saws idle also... but never run them out of fuel