6" double wall pipe on a defient

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acesover

May 19, 2008
Long Island, NY
installer today quoted me for a defient installed with 6" double wall pipe. he said that because im not planning on running with the doors open i dont need the triple wall pipe which is fine with me just making sure hes right?

I think it could be that the defiant has an 8" flue exit. You can bring it down to 6" (which is less expensive than 8" pipe), but they don't recommend operating the stove with doors open and the screen in.

Harley said:
I think it could be that the defiant has an 8" flue exit. You can bring it down to 6" (which is less expensive than 8" pipe), but they don't recommend operating the stove with doors open and the screen in.

Sounds about right, but that has nothing to do with triple or double wall pipe, just the inside diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.