6 inch dvl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trey1979

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2018
Mississippi
Does a dvl telescope pipe have to be the same brand as the ceiling support box? Im about to upgrade since my mantle is 17 inches from my single wall at one point.thanks

Yeah, keep it all from the same maker if you can. There's a chance some stuff may not fit right if you mix brands. Sweeps probably know what will work and what won't, but I wouldn't take a chance if you don't have to.

It does not need to be made by the same manufacturers. Just make sure you have the correct stovepipe adaptor, it must match your chimney brand.

It does not need to be made by the same manufacturers. Just make sure you have the correct stovepipe adaptor, it must match your chimney brand.
So you have to have a stove pipe adapter it want just fit the stove collar

I can get the same brand duravent but i can only find one in that brand thats at its longest 46 inches i need 51 and a half to the stove Collar. To the stove adapter i need 50 inches you can look at the pic i think i used 2 stove pipe adapter to make my single wall work

Heres the picture

Attachments

• 20191203_094841.jpg
    20191203_094841.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 89
I can get the same brand duravent but i can only find one in that brand thats at its longest 46 inches i need 51 and a half to the stove Collar. To the stove adapter i need 50 inches you can look at the pic i think i used 2 stove pipe adapter to make my single wall work
Dura-vent makes a longer slip kit.

Thanks i found it i need to order the dvl chimney adapter too right?and a dvl stove pipe adapter too right?
Sorry for all the questions were i live i have to order the stuff and just want to get it right the first time

You won’t need a chimney adaptor unless yours is missing.
I thought the single wall pipe hooked right to the ceiling support box i cant recall a adapter up there but my memory isn't the best.would i have to take the single wall down to see the adapter are should I be able to tell without taking the single wall down.if it came in the kit i am sure i used it i guess

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191204-101240_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191204-101240_Gallery.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 73