65 in VA today, mid January. Cut more wood in my shirt sleeves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wahoowad

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 19, 2005
Virginia
Bulbs starting to grow. Weeds spreading everywhere in my yard. Haven't seen the first snowflake. Mosquitos gonna be hell this year. I haven't even worn a hat or pair of gloves because I haven't needed them. I haven't even scraped my windshield.

Same here in Jerzy. Although I do believe there will be a real change in my burning technique come the middle of next week.

It looks like the weather is going to turn Monday night for us.

I'll still be wearing short sleeves, but I'll be covering them with a long sleeve shirt and a winter coat.

Matt

Get ready East Coast, its on its way. 18 for a low here last night and not much higher then 35 today. Forcast for 14 tonight. and you see whats goin on in OK. Dont put the winter stuff away yet!

Can't put away what you never got out! :lol:

Had the doors and windows open today. Spent a while trying to figure out where to put the new cord I picked up last month. Normally that wouldn't be a problem this late, but the combo of new stove and no winter leaves me with the "problem" of still-full stacks.

Funny, I was speaking with my sister-in-law from Mass. yesterday. Here we are with 6" of snow and she couldn't believe we didn't own a snow shovel. Looks like by Tuesday or Wednesday the east coast will be stoking their stove regularly.

Eastern Kansas- It's 15 degrees outside right now. Don't think it got over 20 today. Been sleeting off and on since morning.

But, at least the wind's down and it doesn't really feel that bad. Been waitin' for winter to get here.

Just checked accuweather. The next 15 days are going to be chilly. I'm enjoying the furnace being off today, but I don't think I'm going to be able to keep it off next week.

Matt

We dropped to a bone chilling (NOT!) 32 last night and freezing rain today. Fingers are crossed for some cold and snow to finally arrive in New England~

23 again this morning, 25 now. I have to get up at the crack of dawn to get the fire hot and thaw out the hummingbird feeder before they wake up.

2:00 PM and today's high is 17* low last night was -0-, tonight expected to be -4. Burned a bag over night, but stayed in the 60's. We're sitting on 4-5 days of the coldest weather since 1983.

I believe it got up to 72 today. January. I went hiking up in the mountains in a t-shirt and still got really sweaty.

wahoowad said:
I believe it got up to 72 today. January. I went hiking up in the mountains in a t-shirt and still got really sweaty.

Dust off the F3. The party is over here in Virginia Tuesday. Winter arrives.

It never got over 33 here. We had cold rain that put a nice coat of ice on the back patio. I scattered a lot of ash on the sidewalk today. Tuesday looks cold.

-1° this morning , just a little bit nippy here in the mid-west ...........Got down to 72° in the house last night. Few more days in the teens and were looking at a heatwave in the 30's come mid of the week.

We'll go ahead and send this cold on East for you guys with your log in your hand ........a ..........waiting to relight that fire.

Looks like Tuesday night, Wednesday morning for us in the East. We had a good spring rain this weekend, OH wait, but it's winter........sure felt like the first spring rain after all the snow metls away. Just in case, got the wood pile stacked by the door and just waiting for the cold.....

Bondo©

65 in DE today, saw a flock of Robins eating worms. My Mom in FL said they have not had nearly as many Robins down tghere this year then normal.

johnsopi said:
65 in DE today, saw a flock of Robins eating worms. My Mom in FL said they have not had nearly as many Robins down tghere this year then normal.

Those Robins are gonna be real sorry they aren't down there visiting Mom later this week.

We had dozens of robins in the yard and garden right before the cold snap Hope they're ok. The Anna's hummingbirds seem to have made it. Pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.