660 Stihl or Husky 385 XP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Thinking of doing some milling for myself, just wondering between these two saws. I think the husky offers more rpms but the 660 offeres more cc's, which is better.

zap

rpm without a load dont mean much for milling...If it was me the husky 395 vs the 660 where I would be looking. Now with the 310,390 you already have the bars will all enter change, so for you I would pick the 660 3/8 0.50 set up and all three the same.

The 390XP is where I would be looking in the Husky lineup. You loose a decent amount of weight over the 395, with very little power decrease....... has an outboard clutch also.

smokin and hittin thanks for the replies, might pull the trigger on the 660 ( just because I have the 310 & 390 with the bars plus chains) in the next week or two. I'll post when I do.

zap

zapny said:
smokin and hittin thanks for the replies, might pull the trigger on the 660 ( just because I have the 310 & 390 with the bars plus chains) in the next week or two. I'll post when I do.

zap

Oh if you get a 660 we want video's!

smokinjay said:
zapny said:

zap

It's a matter of time then I will have to buy the mill so that will come later, but we will get something up. Even the 650 looks good.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:

zap

It's a matter of time then I will have to buy the mill so that will come later, but we will get something up. Even the 650 looks good.

zap

660 just a few pennys more...its like the 441 or 460 if your going to mill take every cc you can get. You could do everything you need cutting in the woods like you are with a 30in mill.And a 32in. bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.