6DVL ADWD stove adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

metelskiy

Nov 18, 2021
Beaverton, OR
Hello, I purchased stove adapter which includes the damper. Once I attach the adapter to stove, there is no way I can put the screws in to secure the adapter. I’ll be using adjustable (telescoping) pipe from stove straight up to support box. Does adapter actually needs to be secured by screws or I can just secure adapter to the pipe?

8CFA06FA-64AC-4F84-AB53-107AE14878A1.jpeg 32FA7880-E86B-42E6-A2BF-BDCEC0A04881.jpeg

Same thing happened to me, what I did was buy a single wall double male piece. The single wall double male is a true 6", I first inserted it into the stove's collar then ran my hand into it to feel how much I would need to trim off so the single adapter doesnt sit below the collar on the inside of the stove. I think I took off just over 1/2" off the end of the pipe, then screwed it to the stove collar
I then took the dvl adapter which has the inside crimp connection at 5 5/8" wide and slid that into the end of the double male, very snug fit, popped 3 short screws in that, then attached the dvl pipe to the dvl adapter. Works like a charm and very happy, I originally just had the dvl adapter sitting on the flue pipe and had issues with air leaks (whistle sound) now I'm running nice and quiet, plus I like using the damper on the dvl, 3/4 closed is my sweet spot when its windy out.

437C82DC-3F7C-4206-AC1C-E4BEFEA28C58.jpeg A5514349-A9F2-4684-9996-882399C66AD3.jpeg

Same thing happened to me, what I did was buy a single wall double male piece. The single wall double male is a true 6", I first inserted it into the stove's collar then ran my hand into it to feel how much I would need to trim off so the single adapter doesnt sit below the collar on the inside of the stove. I think I took off just over 1/2" off the end of the pipe, then screwed it to the stove collar
I then took the dvl adapter which has the inside crimp connection at 5 5/8" wide and slid that into the end of the double male, very snug fit, popped 3 short screws in that, then attached the dvl pipe to the dvl adapter. Works like a charm and very happy, I originally just had the dvl adapter sitting on the flue pipe and had issues with air leaks (whistle sound) now I'm running nice and quiet, plus I like using the damper on the dvl, 3/4 closed is my sweet spot when its windy out.

View attachment 286121 View attachment 286122
Thank you so much for sharing. Would you mind sharing the link to the single wall double male piece or model of it? Thanks

I don’t have a link, I bought it at tractor supply store