6DVL-ADWD stove pipe adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

metelskiy

Nov 18, 2021
Beaverton, OR
I have bought this adapter with damper for my stove but later read in manual not to install any damper inline. I have also read that this stove with fully closed built in damper it still burns fast and inline damper helps to reduce the burn.
What are the risks installing inline damper if manufacturer says not to?

If you draft is above the recommended draft rating that the stove was tested at there is no risk, if you keep the flap in the open position then theres no risk. The risk is when your draft is at the recommended rate and the damper is used to slow the draft even further that makes the stove not burn as cleanly and then puts it out of compliance of epa regs

If you draft is above the recommended draft rating that the stove was tested at there is no risk, if you keep the flap in the open position then theres no risk. The risk is when your draft is at the recommended rate and the damper is used to slow the draft even further that makes the stove not burn as cleanly and then puts it out of compliance of epa regs
Thank you.
Got a follow up question, how do you check your draft rate if it is above below or at the recommended rate

manometer

I have bought this adapter with damper for my stove but later read in manual not to install any damper inline. I have also read that this stove with fully closed built in damper it still burns fast and inline damper helps to reduce the burn.
What are the risks installing inline damper if manufacturer says not to?
A damper may not be necessary. How tall will the flue be from stove top to chimney top? What stove is this for?