8" Telescoping stove pipe??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eman85

Minister of Fire
Oct 10, 2022
E TN
I want to replace the single wall stove pipe from my stove straight up to the chimney. Stove is a VC Encore with 8" single pipe going straight up to the cathedral ceiling support kit for the stainless chimney. I have sections of basic single wall pipe the kind you have to hook together at the seam. A telescoping pipe would be a lot simpler. What brand have you found that works well?

I have looked at Heat Fab, is this what you have used? I've also looked at All Fuel by HST which looks similar to Heat Fab. Only other single wall pipe I saw was Ventis which is a little pricier.

Check to see if Duravent has an 8" telescopic. I used two telescopic sections on my offset install that was a 6" size.

Looks like almost all chimney suppliers are owned by the same company. I called and the tech guy was very helpful on the phone. Heat-Fab would work OK he said and mate up to my Selkirk chimney but he also gave me the # for the Selkirk pipe. I found the Selkirk pipe on Amazon for almost the same price as the Heat-Fab so I went with it. efireplace.com was helpful also and they carried the Heat-Fab pipe at a good price with free shipping. I did contact All Fuel HST and their tech said their pipe would not work with a Selkirk chimney adapter so I passed on it despite it being a very good price.

I have an old Chinook Apollo and I need an 8 inch telescoping pipe, I cannot find a Duravent but did find a Heat Fab. Would you know if it would work with a Duravent ceiling support box?

I use ventis double wall. I just like the fir and finish better than anything else I have worked with

I have an old Chinook Apollo and I need an 8 inch telescoping pipe, I cannot find a Duravent but did find a Heat Fab. Would you know if it would work with a Duravent ceiling support box?
DuraBlack telescoping pipe only comes in 6". They make a DuraBlack slip connector with trim to connect to the support box. For 8" the part number is 8DBK-SC. This adds up to 13" to the length of the stovepipe.