864 TRV blower, Travis Industries

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwciv

Jan 25, 2015
Southern Maine
hi all - I recently installed an 864 TRV from Travis industries. I didn't get the optional blowers, but now that the weather is really turning cold, I wish I had. Does anyone know if I need to install both the left and right blowers or if one can be installed by itself?
I see them available from only a couple places online, woodmanspartsplus for about $76 each and stoveking for about $95 each, are these not a popular add-on?

Thanks

You're wishing you installed the optional blowers & you only want to install ONE?
There is probably nothing wrong with installing 1/2 of the blowers, but you will
only get 1/2 of the effect. Install them both. Set them at medium, sit back & enjoy
what they give you. If you're STILL chilly, turn them up.

Reactions: jotulguy
You're wishing you installed the optional blowers & you only want to install ONE?
There is probably nothing wrong with installing 1/2 of the blowers, but you will
only get 1/2 of the effect. Install them both. Set them at medium, sit back & enjoy
what they give you. If you're STILL chilly, turn them up.
Very good point, I will get two

Status
Not open for further replies.