90 days from now it will be getting cold again!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I usually make it to Thanksgiving before having to run the furnace. First time I had the stove insert though. Maybe a little fire will be good around then.

Well... we start burning around mid September, I will for sure enjoy my brand new BK ashford 30 but... to be honest... it's summer here on the Alps, and I will enjoy both weeks of it! Plenty of time to burn from mid sept to end of may...

Well... we start burning around mid September, I will for sure enjoy my brand new BK ashford 30 but... to be honest... it's summer here on the Alps, and I will enjoy both weeks of it! Plenty of time to burn from mid sept to end of may...

lol

Hit 101 today, heat index of 113. I'm seriously ready for some colder temps.

I typically don't start buring 24/7 till mid November, but its not uncommon to lite small fires starting at the end of September, especially if we hit a couple days of rain with temps in the low 50's.
I like the summer heat, it doesn't really bother me to much, I just do all my heavy stuff in the mornings / evenings on the weekends, the heat forces me to relax, so a Saturday in the garage with the radio going and some cold brews is nice.

94F outside right now (Georgia).
I'm dreaming of that first cool day we usually have toward the end of October.
Wool socks and wood stoves sound really good right now.

Our wet season also begins at the end of October.

The four seasons in Southern California are Earthquake, Wildfire, Riot, and Mudslide.;)

Greg

So far it's been a pretty mild summer here in upstate NY. I have a feeling I'll be burning once September comes around, unless it ends up being a late summer which also wouldn't be unheard of.

I thought of my wood stove yesterday with a high of 58, balmy 60 today. Still have some good golf weeks left so not ready yet.

I have a feeling I'll be burning once September comes around...

So do I...;lol

(view from house last year...)

9Zzo2x1.jpg

Greg

I foamed my basement walls and really tightened up the house. I'm curious how the house will feel and react in the cold. I noticed the bathroom fan having some trouble removing steam with all the windows shut, so the house must be really tight now.

I think we can usually wait until November to start burning...the wifey on the other hand gets much colder than me, a whole lot faster. So we usually start around the 3rd week in October. I have plenty of wood and I have a happy wife...and a happy life. :);)

Reactions: Squirrely