90 degree elbows

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jesepi

Nov 19, 2021
NW Pennsylvania
Newbie here.
This will be a new thru the wall install. The stove pipe will be single wall. It will rise about 4' out of the stove then a 90 elbow about 2 more feet of pipe then to
another 90 into the thru the wall thimble to the T section outside. Then up into triple wall chimney pipe.
Does this sound doable ? I really have no other choice un less I run the pipe diagnally right out of the stove. then a elbow into the wall thimble.

What stove is this for and how tall will the chimney be outside?

That should work then.

It think it would be better if you could get a 12 inch starter, or at least 6 inch starter and then slant it to the next 90...
The closer to the thimble the better...

i have a 6 inch starter/damper adj 90 then a telescoping section to an adj 90 into the thimble area. Using a telescoping section to help with install/cleaning...make sure the 90 and parts at the thimble connection is all screwed.

It think it would be better if you could get a 12 inch starter, or at least 6 inch starter and then slant it to the next 90...
The closer to the thimble the better...

i have a 6 inch starter/damper adj 90 then a telescoping section to an adj 90 into the thimble area. Using a telescoping section to help with install/cleaning...make sure the 90 and parts at the thimble connection is all screwed.
Since I am a newbie can you tell me what is a 12 inch starter ? I assume its something that goes into the collar on the stove itself ?

Yes it can be several things. Adapter same size both ends, or from small to larger or vice versa, or a damper with a small section. Or just the first section of pipe. Duravent has a catalog of all the pipe. If you post a photo of the setup with dimensions of stove outlet height, ceiling height and thimble center height I'm sure somone can help you with parts.