A balancing act

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly

Mar 11, 2013
Czech Republic
Was riding with a friend when we came upon this truck yesterday. Prague plates (which says a lot here- substitute NY city). No ropes to tie the load down. truck 1.jpg

<no words> :eek:

Ahhh, takes me back to the days of yesteryear when we used to pack up my neighbor's pickup truck like that with hay bales. :)

Don't know that I'd want to be following that close behind

Ahhh, takes me back to the days of yesteryear when we used to pack up my neighbor's pickup truck like that with hay bales. :)

Hay bales are softer.;)

Around here during hay season you see a bunch of round bales in the ditches. I strap my round bales down when I haul them on my gooseneck, but must don't, Saw a guy one time pushing a bale off the road with his truck and empty gooseneck. Must have lost one on the way back to the farm and was taking care of it on trip back to the hay field.

It amazing the bumper isn't dragging and holding like an anchor.

Around here during hay season you see a bunch of round bales in the ditches.
These were square bales and we stacked like that, with the side bales resting on the edges of the bed and hanging over the sides. We staggered each level so the load was somewhat inter-tied. I forget how many levels we had from the top of the bed sides up...five maybe? I'll have to ask my buddy. Pretty good workout tossing 'em up to the top level. <>

Ha! I saw a dude on the way home from work last nigh that had is Dodge Dakota loaded up at least that high, except he was hauling scrap STEEL. Didn't get a picture but it was hilarious....and amazing it didn't break at the same time.

You a brave man to get that close for a picture;)

It amazing the bumper isn't dragging and holding like an anchor.
They prolly wedged a couple rounds between the axle and frame. WALA !

I'll bet over there, that is a lot of money on that truck for sure.

Reactions: WeldrDave
what did you say about my city?
He just meant there are some wood nuts there. Hard to argue that point; You are living proof. ;lol

My question is how far did he drive to get to that point. Looking at the stacks and lack of stops for the bottom row outstide, it would only take a few potholes to have that lower row separate and start to tumble. However, the background is showing city scape, so I am thinking there isn't much of a forest close by to scavenge that much wood. Maybe it's a joke?

Look for crazy crash vids on youtube and see all the insanity that happens on Russian streets. Czech isn't far from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.