A little help needed on install of new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I went to do some testing last night, and discovered this (that I would need 2 adapters). The double wall telescoping pipe does not connect to the adapter that connects the the Class A, it also doesn't connect to the stove. The adapter from Class A to stove pipe connects perfect to the stove, so I am hoping a single wall piece will work.

This project is way over budget. I am going to try the single wall connector listed above and just raise the heat shield on the back.

It looks like it will cost me over $100 to have a telescoping pipe in between stove and chimney. Is this worth it?

If I use the cathedral ceiling box, can I adjust it to right length and set the chimney pipe onto stove, then if I need to move stove pickup the chimney pipe? or do you screw it to the flashing?

Last edited:
If for some reason you cant get the telescopic pipe to work and you go with single wall (confused)? I did install cheap snap together single wall with that same exact stove. I set the stove on 1.5" tall small square pavers so I could put a floor jack under the stove and lift it gently to remove the pavers to let the stove down and away from the single wall for removal/installation. Mine was a temp. install so looks meant zero.
Buying all new components in one fell swoop and being finished probably looks attractive at this point compared to the trial and error of used components! When you finally do get the stove installed relay some performance feedback and or questions you come up with. Its a capable little stove. Good luck.

If for some reason you cant get the telescopic pipe to work and you go with single wall (confused)? I did install cheap snap together single wall with that same exact stove. I set the stove on 1.5" tall small square pavers so I could put a floor jack under the stove and lift it gently to remove the pavers to let the stove down and away from the single wall for removal/installation. Mine was a temp. install so looks meant zero.
Buying all new components in one fell swoop and being finished probably looks attractive at this point compared to the trial and error of used components! When you finally do get the stove installed relay some performance feedback and or questions you come up with. Its a capable little stove. Good luck.

I am buying new components only thing I got used was the Class A.

I got the adapter that connects to Class A. I bought super vent double wall stove pipe I was hoping this would go from stove the the adapter. It doesnt work, I would need 2 more adapters that are each 25$. One posted above that converts the adapter I have to double wall stove pipe then another to connect double wall stove pipe to stove. I am going to try and get single wall with a sliding pipe to go as short as possible between chimney and stove.

I am assuming you screw the box and the chimney pipe together and that is what supports the chimney?

If i have around 3ft (3ft is what the manual specifies) of chimney sticking out of my roof do I need the support struts (I have the struts, I just don't like making holes in my roof) up there or is it strong enough? it is only a 12x16 building with a steel roof.
I am putting the same stove in the same size building! I hope you see this post, I’d love to hear how things turned out, the thread seems unfinished. Will def be giving it a thorough read as this will be my first wood stove install.