A thank you thread.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

parthy

Nov 23, 2013
Gimli, MB
After a very long time, I finally got my wood stove installed. (years and years it took me) Life has a way of happening. I got a PE TN20 installed last Friday and have slowly got the hang of this thing. I had the wood split and seasoned for a couple of years. I am getting burn/heat times of 6 hours plus. I mostly have pine with some oak, popular and ash. Getting really good secondaries and it is blowing out heat. Just in time for a big snowstorm coming later today. Thanks for you members here. I have read almost every thread on here and I applied everything to running this stove so my learning curve wasn't to big. It definately burns different than our old Franklin stove we had decades ago. So far no questions, just wanted to say what a wealth of information I got from this forum. Thanks again.

Congratulations. Keep us posted on the True North. I have a friend looking at that stove right now. If you get a chance please give it a rating in the Ratings section here: https://www.hearth.com/talk/ratings/

I'm across the big lake from you.send some snow this way.

I certainly will. This stove cost me 4700 installed. Canadian and it was the cheaper alternative with a N/S bigger box. I only added the blower (200) and no other bells or whistles. Price went up 1200 since last year this time and I had to wait 3 months for it to be installed. I am spending this week and next when I am the only one here to reload to figure out to max out the burn times so I don't have to cold start it when I get home from work (keeping in mind my house is in the middle of finishing/alterations, so I have no vapor barrier right now) I need to starve Manitoba hydro (my goal).

Hey ,I want some snow

20211106_170132.jpg

How did I figure you had a sled.

Thanks for the snow lol

20211110_153931.jpg

I don't have that much. You are welcome. lol It is raining snowing mix right now.