? about Antique Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete97

Aug 29, 2006
Pittsburgh Pa
I have a old Parlor Stove (i think that is what it is called) made by the Germer Stove Company in Erie, Pa. It was made sometime around 1887 and has the Number 14 stamped on it. It says "Radiant Home" on the front. I will try to attach a photo. Anyone know how much it is worth roughly. I think I am going to have it appriased before I sell it. Anyone have any info about it? I had to split the pictures in two to get them to fit. Top and Bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,539
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,479
Probably depends on whose buying it. I've never sold a stove that old or seen one for that matter. I agree that you should get it appraised since it's so old. The oldest stove that I've sold is around 30 years and they go cheap 150-350.

Thanks. I don't know much about the old ones either.

Status
Not open for further replies.