about to replace our st Crux Revolution furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwiruss

Dec 18, 2013
Michigan
We have had the Revolution since it came out but its been a constant battle to keep it going. Last year it wouldnt run on corn at all and we had to use pellets.
This year its another battle just to keep the thing going on pellets. The creosote and black ash build up it terrible.

So i am considering buying a Fahrenheit Technologies Endurance 50F to replace it.

Before we pull the trigger though I want to see if anyone is aware of any ongoing issues with the Fahrenheit?

6th year running a Revolution......

Snip ...

The creosote and black ash build up it terrible.

Your furnace needs air to burn, if you are troubled by ash and 'sote you are not cleaning correctly or have bad gasketing or negative pressure inside the area where the furnace is getting its air.

These are all operational issues that you have to address and will also be a problem with any device you replace the revolution with.

Last edited:
Reactions: heat seeker
I have a Endurance 50F running in my 130 year old farmhouse. We have had plenty of cold weather in WI so far. I can now keep my place running on level 3 and 4 at 65 to 68 degrees. My unit was a demo model and I installed it myself. The support is the best from the tech staff. They get back to you the same day with answers. My questions have been more of learning to get the most out of the furnace. My house is 2200 sq. ft. I have only used my oil furnace when it was below 0 for for a few minutes to boost the level. Parts and support are what lead me down the path.

Your furnace needs air to burn, if you are troubled by ash and 'sote you are not cleaning correctly or have bad gasketing or negative pressure inside the area where the furnace is getting its air.

These are all operational issues that you have to address and will also be a problem with any device you replace the revolution with.

We are aware of the issues you describe and have an outside air pipe hooked up for air in.

My weekly cleaning cycle is extensive in includes all outlets, including chimney brush sweeping. Also the trap do vent inside and removing the top plate and cleaning the heat transfer pipes. The current issues have resulted in this Cleaning being every 3 days or when it dies. If I posted a pic of a post cleaning you would see more crap on my than what's left anywhere near the furnace.

We are aware of the issues you describe and have an outside air pipe hooked up for air in.

My weekly cleaning cycle is extensive in includes all outlets, including chimney brush sweeping. Also the trap do vent inside and removing the top plate and cleaning the heat transfer pipes. The current issues have resulted in this Cleaning being every 3 days or when it dies. If I posted a pic of a post cleaning you would see more crap on my than what's left anywhere near the furnace.

What do you use to get the ash out of your stove's interior exhaust channels it has them just like every other pellet device, frequently folks come on here and say they really cleaned their stoves only to discover that attaching a good high suction device to their flue (such as a leaf blower) and discovering many pounds of ash sitting on the ground outdoors or long black plumes of ash flying through the air.

We have even had people pull carmels and insulation and such from their "clean" stoves. Have you ever cleaned the combustion blower cavity and from there back trough to the burn pot?

I short most regulars on here will say there goes another perfectly good device to Craig's list, just make sure when you buy it second hand that you do a tear down cleaning.

Well, seems like ya do a whole lotta brushin, but do ya ever VACUUM IT OUT, or do ya just push the ash around in there?

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Status
Not open for further replies.