Absolute 63 Harman digital display

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jim S

Feb 19, 2016
NJ
Hi all,
The minimum feedrate that I can control on the digital control is 25%. Does anyone know how to override this rate to bring it lower? For example, when my room hits the right temp it lowers itself to about a 6% feedrate. I would like to lower my feedrate manually to have a nice slow burn on some days when the Sun is beating on the house to warm it up and I don’t want it burning at 25%. Thanks for any information.
JS

Hi all,
The minimum feedrate that I can control on the digital control is 25%. Does anyone know how to override this rate to bring it lower? For example, when my room hits the right temp it lowers itself to about a 6% feedrate. I would like to lower my feedrate manually to have a nice slow burn on some days when the Sun is beating on the house to warm it up and I don’t want it burning at 25%. Thanks for any information.
JS
I just checked and there is no option to adjust feed rate on the dealer screen so I'm guessing you can't set a max feed rate below the 25% you see on the feed rate screen. I'd change to constant burn mode and set it to a lower setting to get it close to the 6% when it's just maintaining.

I have a absolute 43-C and I can control mine. I have the digital control on it. I go to the feed limit icon and slide it to what limit to what you want. I set mine @ 39% and possibly I could lower it when it gets a lot warmer etc. But I never change it. I think you adjust it to get the 1" at the feed pot edge?

I just checked and there is no option to adjust feed rate on the dealer screen so I'm guessing you can't set a max feed rate below the 25% you see on the feed rate screen. I'd change to constant burn mode and set it to a lower setting to get it close to the 6% when it's just maintaining.
Thanks. I may need to just come off the wireless sensor on days that I want to run at the lower rate. Thanks for the insight!

I have a absolute 43-C and I can control mine. I have the digital control on it. I go to the feed limit icon and slide it to what limit to what you want. I set mine @ 39% and possibly I could lower it when it gets a lot warmer etc. But I never change it. I think you adjust it to get the 1" at the feed pot edge?
I can lower it but the lowest is 25%. I think to go lower I will need to go to constant burn and go as to 1 as a setting.

i just tried constant burn and even at a setting of 1 it is a 25% feedrate. It would be nice to override and bring to 10%