Absolute 63 vibration

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SBemis611

Apr 17, 2021
Seattle
Hello Newbie question here that I thought I would get some others opinion on. I just had installed a new Absolute 63. I have not had a lot of use on it since the weather is warming up here in the PNW. But I am wondering what is considered normal from a noise/vibration stand point of the combustion fan. My new stove seems to have a vibration especially when the combustion fan is on low. If you place your hand on the stove you can feel the vibration. I welcome your views.

Steve

Video with Sound will help. I had Buzz on my Harmon XXV when I got it. I thought it was Combustion Fan too. Had 2 screws impacting Distribution Fan. Easy fix after I got new Fan to replace it. New one still sitting. Got tired of dealer response. They wanted more for service call than fan. So I have spare parts

Attachments

• IMG_7006.JPG
    IMG_7006.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 153
I have a new harman xxv tc . My fan had a vibration when the combustion fan would ramp up. The dealer sent down a tech and replaced it. These have a new style fan with a concave weight on the back end. They may be having problems with them.

Now there is no vibrations at all at any speed. I have two other pellet stoves and this by far is the quietest one. Even without it in wisper mode

You can go into tests , then combustion fan And turn the speed up and down to See if it is the fan

Call the dealer and have them check it, there should be no charge if you just bought it.

Video with Sound will help. I had Buzz on my Harmon XXV when I got it. I thought it was Combustion Fan too. Had 2 screws impacting Distribution Fan. Easy fix after I got new Fan to replace it. New one still sitting. Got tired of dealer response. They wanted more for service call than fan. So I have spare parts
I will try and capture it. It's more vibration then sound however.

I have a new harman xxv tc . My fan had a vibration when the combustion fan would ramp up. The dealer sent down a tech and replaced it. These have a new style fan with a concave weight on the back end. They may be having problems with them.

Now there is no vibrations at all at any speed. I have two other pellet stoves and this by far is the quietest one. Even without it in wisper mode

You can go into tests , then combustion fan And turn the speed up and down to See if it is the fan

Call the dealer and have them check it, there should be no charge if you just bought it.
Thanks John I can reduce the vibration by changing the speed so pretty sure there is something wrong will call the dealer on Monday. Thanks for the insight.

Thanks John I can reduce the vibration by changing the speed so pretty sure there is something wrong will call the dealer on Monday. Thanks for the insight.
your very welcome,

i bought this stove from this harman dealer because of good word of mouth recommendations. i had such a bad experience with the last dealer and dealt with no support from dealer or manufacture "St Criox" through the warranty period. Did not want that to happen again.

please let us know how you make out.

john

Sounds to me (pun intended) like an out of balance combustion fanwheel. Being new there should not be any slop in the armature bearings that would allow the armature shaft and fanwheel to shake and because it occurs at low speed, tells me the fanwheel is out of balance. The fanwheeel is a mass produced stamping anyway so it's possible it was malformed when it was made.

Think I'd check the tightness of the securing (fan motor to housing) hardware first and be sure the gasket between the outer motor-fan assembly and the inner housing is in place and correctly positioned.

Reactions: SBemis611
Update, Had dealer out turns out the combustion fan shaft has more of a oval rotation hence the vibration. Time for a new combustion fan. All good as its covered under warranty.

Steve

Reactions: Vinelife
Think I'd keep the old one and replace the bearings. They are replaceable.