Accentra 2 Chain Bang--Pusher Arm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MightyMike16

Feb 8, 2021
Long Island
Hi all, I have an Accentra 2 "2005" model and I seem to have a new problem. Turned the stove on this year for the first time to perform a test and I have a loud banging noise coming from the chain so I pulled the fire place out to take a look and it looks like the pusher arm isn't moving enough not allowing the small bearing to move freely causes the auger not to turn and making the chain jump and bang... WTF.. I think I cleaned everything pretty well. Any suggestions on why all of a sudden the bearing on the auger shaft is not clearing the pusher arm?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

The pusher arm moves a slide plate, that controls pellet drop. It is probably sticking. It may be worn out, it may be gummed up, it may have a nail or something in it. It may be seizing on the bushings. Empty hopper, remove the fines cover, remove the motor,and that will allow you to move the arm far enough to slide the plate out.

Work the pusher arm back and forth by hand and see if you can feel anything abnormal or restricting the range of motion, you may have a sticky pusher block/slider or something blocking it. A bit of dry lube on the block/slider at the bottom of the hopper.

Reactions: MightyMike16
Hi all, I have an Accentra 2 "2005" model and I seem to have a new problem. Turned the stove on this year for the first time to perform a test and I have a loud banging noise coming from the chain so I pulled the fire place out to take a look and it looks like the pusher arm isn't moving enough not allowing the small bearing to move freely causes the auger not to turn and making the chain jump and bang... WTF.. I think I cleaned everything pretty well. Any suggestions on why all of a sudden the bearing on the auger shaft is not clearing the pusher arm?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Update-- I got it working... It was the pusher arm bracket.. It was stuck.. I used a small hammer with a flat head and it freed up.

Work the pusher arm back and forth by hand and see if you can feel anything abnormal or restricting the range of motion, you may have a sticky pusher block/slider or something blocking it. A bit of dry lube on the block/slider at the bottom of the hopper.
Thank you.... the issue was by the dust box, something was jammed..

Reactions: Washed-Up