Accentra Insert Flue Cleaning Brush

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

camdids

So I decided to retire my original flue brush that came with the stove and purchased the new model. (same Harman item number). When seeing the new model, I was stunned to think that my original had lost so much. On my first cleaning with the new brush, I was unable to get it to go around the 90 turn on the left flue. The new brush is about 4 inches deep of wire. The original barely 2. (it currently has 3/4).
Am I missing something or am I just too weak to force it around .

The new brushes are impossible to ge thru

Reactions: camdids
So I decided to retire my original flue brush that came with the stove and purchased the new model. (same Harman item number). When seeing the new model, I was stunned to think that my original had lost so much. On my first cleaning with the new brush, I was unable to get it to go around the 90 turn on the left flue. The new brush is about 4 inches deep of wire. The original barely 2. (it currently has 3/4).
Am I missing something or am I just too weak to force it around .
I use the the hose from my ash vac and run it through. It works pretty well and I have the ash vac on when pushing it through.

Reactions: camdids
I have also given up on trying to use the new Harman brush I bought. Even though it said on the package it was intended for use on the Accentra it’s impossible to get it to go around the bend at the left rear of the tube. (At least it works on my Invincible.) I find that a round 4” pellet flue cleaning brush attached to a section of nylon rod works best for the Accentra.

Reactions: Cincinnati Kid
I use the the hose from my ash vac and run it through. It works pretty well and I have the ash vac on when pushing it through.
Smart Minds. I have always had a length of garden hose attached to the shop vac. run it through after brushing.