Accentra Insert Hopper Very Warm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STOVEGUY11

Feeling the Heat
Feb 12, 2008
SOUTHERN CT
I just installed a used Accentra insert a couple weeks ago. Its about five years old, but has had less than a ton run through it. I cleaned it out in my garage before I installed it. Just fired for the first time, to find the hopper walls are getting extremely warm if not hot to the touch. I have heard of this but never seen it myself. Is this normal? Or what could be causing this?

hm......are the airtubes on the lower left and lower right of the unit clear? How is the distribution fan running? Is it clean?

The clean out ports on left and right are clear. I ran the stove for maybe a total of 2 hours. The distribution blower seems to be operating normally. It responds high and low. Its blowing evenly across the grill work of the door

sounds pretty normal to me.

My FS Accentra is warm if not hot to the touch on the fireside and if you have somewhat damp pellets, be prepare for condensation in the hopper. I have that problem and I'm not impressed<> as the drops of condensation make the occasional pellet swell:mad:. I always wondered if this is normal to have a hot sided hopper?

Status
Not open for further replies.